Tweets

Monday, March 13, 2006

winter in Boulder

the weekend jaunt to Boulder was still a lot of fun, except for the snow and ice that covered most everything by Sunday afternoon. We went out to a good Ethiopian place for Mary's b-day. Alina loved it too. my much anticipated 4 hour road ride turned into an hour on the rollers in the Hill house, looking outside over the recently-transformed winter wonderland. i was still determined to ride outside, as the roads in Boulder weren't holding any snow on Sun morning. so Helen & Mary dropped me off at the justice center so I could hop on the Boulder Creek path for a while. well the path at the time was just wet, but what I didn't realize was that it was at or below freezing, and getting colder. so the cold wet spray that found its way through my shorts and up me arse, it also froze to my bike after a while. soon i gained about 2-3lb of ice, and my cassette and derailleurs were soon clogged with ice and the chain was skipping all over. just when my bike was getting more frozen and more unhappy, I pulled up to Illegal Pete's on the mall for a big fat fish burrito and coffee. that made my miserable ride really nice. too bad the weather wasn't cooperative, as I was looking forward to the crit. oh well, next wknd will work.

No comments: