Tweets

Friday, February 17, 2006

dusty snow, and some tennis

he last couple of days we've had a few inches of snow, and a lot of wind. I was up snowboarding on the hill Thursday morning. I noticed some brown patches in the snow up high on 6-chair and Imperial. Didn't think much of it other than that it was probably residue from explosives for some avy blasting. But as I saw the brown patches lower down on the mtn where they never do any bombing, I soon realized this must be some sand or dust from the desert. Sure enough it was in the paper today and I heard from the CoCoRaHS leader that they had reported it too. there were 100+ mph winds in desert SW, and some dry dry ground in the 4-corners area was brought into the Rockies. weird stuff. I even saw these patches out behind the house beneath about an inch of windblown snow. i played tennis for about 1.5hrs today at the rec center. pretyy fun stuff. I'd like to try and play every week, at least until it gets nicer outside for some road riding. who know when that will be.

No comments: