Tweets

Thursday, February 02, 2006

daycare, and tons of snow

it sucks I can't update/write here more often. But it's that time of year, Alina has started daycare, and we're down to 1-car for now. So we have lots of logistics to work out each day. We've received 15" since yesterday, with another 8-12" in the forecast for tonight/tomorrow. I can't wait to get up on the hill! Our driveway is quite the challenge to clear snow from now. The 5 days without snow gave me and my back a chance to chip away about 400lb of compacted snow and ice. Just in time for this week's storm cycle. The HOA had a front end loader come in and scrape the alley down to the asphalt. That is good, since now we don't have to drive off the 8" ledge onto our driveway. So last night I shoveled the 4" that fell in about 2hrs! Biggest problem is the snowstack is 6-8' high. So shoveling the snow is much more work now. That too isn't a huge deal, as it's probably the best exercise I have been getting lately. I will have to get some pics today and tomorrow.
Alina had her 1st full day of daycare yesterday. She was a bit sick and didn't take the bottle in the am, but I hung out with her for about 1/2 hr at lunch, and in the afternoon she ate and was a happy kid. Hopefully Helen will just have to visit her once a day to nurse.
The Explorer's rear window spontaneously shattered last week when Helen went to close it. Although we have full glass coverage with no deductible, Novus did a half-ass job replacing it, as the latch doesn't close now, and the rear wiper also doesn't work. The State Farm adjustor said Novus is liable to repair what they didn't finish. I just hope we can do it soon, as our 1-car family is kinda challenging, with Helen working at 7 (and me at 8), and dropping off Alina and picking her up and all that stuff. Luckily she has a TOB car she can use for now.

No comments: