Tweets

Monday, January 23, 2006

mr. dad day

mondays are for Alina and I. we did some errands today, and she came with me to get my new cd player installed in my truck. while that was happening, we walked a couple blocks over to Target. carrying her in the car seat for any prolonged period is no fun. luckily we got a basket and spent some time in Target. on the way back to Breck, she was laughing in the back of truck. oh yeah, today was her maiden voyage in my truck. i just had her in the front seat for the trip down to see the car-seat lady at the fire station. luckily, the car seat base fits in the back of my truck. even though I need to push up the front seat some to make it fit (giving less leg room to any f. seat passenger), it is still nice having the front seat open. with the front passenger seat more forward, it allows me to look right bewtween the seats to see Alina, so it's going to work out well. i can't easily put the base in the middle of the bench seat, as then I would have to flip up the middle console, and I wouldn't be able to access anything in there. But if I do take her on long drives in my truck, I will move the base into the middle, as it is safer. The car seat woman said the back bench seat is usu a safer place for the car seat than having her in the front seat. So at least I have some options.
got a new Alpine CD/MP3/WMA/ player for my truck today. I had the guy run an aux line out jack, so now I can use my iPod easily within the unit.

No comments: