Tweets

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

a gasp after the holidays

it seems like yesterday it was Dec 16 and the start of our busy holiday season at work. almost a month later and we're still busy, heading into MLK weekend. so work is going well. I feel pretty good about it now, though it seems I am a little too frantic to get just over that hump....to really see some returns for our sales numbers.
Alina is incredible, 11 weeks now. She has her mom's beautiful eyes, and is quite expressive now. I can see more and more of Helen in her face each week. She is finally taking the bottle every day without much fuss. Next step is 2 bottle feedings each day. We'll see how that works out when she's in daycare. Helen goes back to work next Monday, so we're mentally preparing for that now. It will be hard for sure.
Sunday morning Dennis & I hiked up Peak 8 early and got some fantastic turns down the side of the bowl. Then a bunch of laps on the Super Connect and E chair rounded out a nice day. Monday morning I skiid out the door of the house up Gold Run. Then I skiid down to grab a paper and back to the house. Pretty fun to have that accessibility. Tonight I waxed up Sally Barber. The cheap V30 blue worked pretty well with the not-so-old snow up there. Coming down is okay fun, but too flat overall. I need to get up and ski Barney Ford down to town, or ski up Fr Gulch to the sidedoor down through McCleary's place. One day. New adventures are on the horizon.

No comments: