Tweets

Monday, December 05, 2005

one season's over, another is here

well saturday ended my 8-mo long cycling season. cx states at Xilinx proved to be pretty good. about 40 guys lined up to contest the 3s. starting in the 2nd row is always less than ideal, but I had a pretty good start which saw me go safely into the top 10 for the first lap. my barrier skills are still nowhere near where they should be, but my handling on the bike was pretty solid. hopping the ditch is always a highlight of that course. i was dangling between 4th and 7th most of the race. the last lap I tripped over the barrier, lost my chain and then hopped back on about 5 yards in front of Tim. As we got back on the road in the finishing straight, he jumped, but I grabbed his wheel and came around to nip him at the finish line. pretty exciting for me, as I seldom win any contested sprints. a happy note to end the season on. Now I can look forward to fattening up over the Holidays, and then maybe getting back on the road bike around Christmas in Boulder.
As the race season ends, now we're entering the Holidays and the busiest time of year here at GWL. Things seem to be going well thus far. I was treated Sunday to about 2hrs of riding good snow. My luck continued as I stumbled on to the Imperial chair. I was surprised at how pleasant the weather was at 12,000', while the T-bar was the typical ice-blasted misery. Perhaps there was a temp inversion, but it was pretty pleasant (for being 7 degrees when I left my house) riding up the highest chairlift in North America. Another milestone was reached over the weekend...Alina is now sleeping in her co-sleeper! We now just need her to take the bottle, and we'll be doing well.

No comments: